Tuesday, August 9, 2011

White Bean and Tuna Salad

ingredients
Although it is a stretch to call this tuna salad, because well there is less tuna than white beans and no mayo, I have officially found my new substitute.  Unbelievably easy to make and delicious I feel sort of guilty passing this off as a recipe seeing as I adapted liberally from the Crouteaux cook book.  For those of you who are on the North Fork, visit Crouteaux Vineyards, their wine is excellent (or so I'm told- under 21 as of yet) and the cook book is simply amazing. It has become my go to cookbook for when my family is hosting dinner parties, or when I am home alone.  Here is my adapted recipe (as you can see the quantities are pretty improvised, feel free to adapt to your tastes) which yielded perfect sandwich making results.

Recipe:
1 15 oz can white beans
1 can of tuna in water
1 handful of crasins
2-3 teaspoons of pine nuts
2-3 teaspoons of capers
3 tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar 
Salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, and spices until thick then add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. yes its that simple. I like to serve it over grilled bread

"dressing"
finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment