Sunday, July 31, 2011

Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce


Getting home at 8:45 PM is bad enough... realizing that you dont have any food in the house just makes everything so much worse.  Last Thursday I was looking for something easy, minimal ingredients, and QUICK. Smitten Kitchen came through (as it always does) with an easy-peasy, no fuss, recipe using ingredients that I had at home already making this dinner pretty much a no-brainer. I added a little to her recipe by using pre-made sauce already seasoned with herbs so I just added salt and a bit of crushed red-pepper to taste.  I also rubbed the bread with garlic which gave it a little more flavor.  The fact that I had finished eating by 9:30 was just the cherry on top of a perfect, super quick, dinner recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment